Welcome to Robotics. In order to join the team, you need to do the following things:
Note: The following information about the team meetings are based on a normal year. Very little about this past year has been normal. However, things are opening up and this coming year should be more normal. We have just moved into a new lab space at Mountain View High School and this is very exciting. The school is allowing us to meet in cohorts of 30 students.
Be a current or incoming Mountain View High School student.
Start attending team meetings and check your email regularly
- Make sure you are on the team elist. The signup for the elist is managed on the MVHS website and can be found here. Enter your name and email address and select "Join" for the Robotics Club. This is not administered by the team and if at any time you want to stop receiving elist emails, you must go back to the elist page and "Leave" the club list. All meeting notices and general announcements go to this list. It is a good idea to have at least one parent on this list too.
- We meet in rooms 805 at MVHS. We meet on all year on Wednesday evenings from 7:15-9:15pm. We meet more during the season (Jan-May) and in the off season, there may be some additional meeting opportunities on weekends that will be announced through the elist.
- Every single team member and mentor must complete the contact information form. It is imperative that we get the most current information so we can contact you properly or contact 971 others in case of an emergency.
- Before filling out the form, make sure you have read the rules and expectations in step 1. There is a question that asks if you have read them and it is important that you do read them.
- Everyone must complete and pass the safety test every year in order to use tools in the lab, take the test found here.
- If you do not know the material, there is a powerpoint safety presentation that can be found here.
- This is something that you can take at a meeting so that if you have any questions you can ask people. The test covers mostly common sense safety rules but it does refer to some of the tools in the lab.
- In order to use tools and work in the lab a parent or guardian must sign the waiver. The waiver is found here.
- Please print it out, read it, and have it signed by yourself and your parent and turn the waiver into Wyn Schuh or Finbarr Crispie. They will then go over the basics of being on the team and accept and sign your form.
- In order to be driven to events by an approved volunteer driver, a parent or guardian must sign the permission form. The school form is found here.
- Please print it out and have it signed by your parent and turn the form into Wyn Schuh.
After you have done the above tasks, you will be able to be trained on the basic tools in the lab. We will be setting up some tool training and you will want to be ready to schedule a training session.