Use these directions for requesting that a purchase be made or making one yourself. All purchases must be approved by the Leadership Council or their designates so your purchase request will be denied if the purchasing team does not think the purchase has been approved.
Requesting a Purchase
If you want the purchsing team to make the purchase, enter the needed items into the Purchase List Form. Here are some more details about the form
- For the Needed By field: if you need a part by a certain date but not ASAP, please indicate the date in the Comments field.
- If you need a part ASAP, send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org account to insure that it gets ordered.
- Submit the form once for each part that you want ordered.
If you are purchasing a part on your own instead of going through the 971 Purchasing Team, follow these steps:
- Get approval by email from Wyn, Travis or Austin.
- Enter items into the Purchase List Form so that it can be tracked. Use the "I will order it" response for the "Needed by" question.
- Send an email to the email@example.com account indicating that you have made a purchase. Include your name, date purchased, vendor, cost, and a short description. This will be used for order tracking.
- If relevant, forward all emails related to this purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receipts in the form of pdf's are stored on the team google drive for current year receipts with the naming convention [order #][Name to be reimbursed - VISA for team card][vendor].pdf. The folder can be found in the main directory Spartan Robotics FRC 971>Purchasing>2017-2018>Receipts.
- Reimbursements for pre-appoved purchases can be made by following the reimbursement directions.
Receiving a Package
Steps to take when opening up a shipment that arrived:
- Enter your name and the date in the Received By & Date column in the Order Tracking log.
- Enter your name and the date in the Check/Received By & Date column in the Purchase List spreadsheet (see link below).
- If the wrong number was received, add a specific note in the Comments field on the Purchase List spreadsheet and send an email to email@example.com.
The Purchase logs show what was ordered for each year. You can look through them to find out what parts we have ordered in the past. You have to be a member of the FRCTeam971group and logged into your Gmail account to view them. Please do not modify them unless you are on the purchasing team or part of the team Leadership Council.
2016 Season Product Donation Vouchers (PDV)
FRC PDV page with links and more information. FIRST Blog describing these and other virtual kit donation items like SolidWorks and Mathematica.
- AndyMark good for $450. We can buy more control system electronics with this.
- AutomationDirect.com (router stuff) $30
- 3 Victor SPs from VEXPro (make sure we're using them again this year first; could get Talon SRXs instead)
- DigiKey (PCB parts, encoders) $50
- TE Connectivity (we've gotten cable made by them before) $25